by Chef Carlo Lamagna
- 1 banana leaf
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs, large
- 3 tbsp brown butter, melted
- Salted egg or cured egg yolk
- Parmesan cheese or edam cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- Cut banana leaf into squares and line 10” skillet with alternating sheets. Trim any excess that rises above the lip of the pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients (rice flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in one bowl and all liquid ingredients (milk, coconut milk, eggs, butter in another. Add all liquid to dry until fully incorporated. Allow to sit for 20 minutes to fully hydrate the flour.
- Pour batter into banana leaf lined skillet and bake. To test, insert a cake tester or toothpick, if clean, cake is finished.
- About 30 minutes once out of the oven, grate edam or parmesan on top. If using salted egg (2 ea), chop and add before baking. If using cured egg yolk, simply grate over top with cheese.
- 3 oz. Of Wagyu Beef, Finely Minced
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1 Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Pinch of Chimayo
- A Few Drops of Worcestershire Sauce
- A Few Drops of Tabasco Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of Drained Capers
- 1 Duck Egg Yolk
- 4-5 Slices of Rye Bread
- In a bowl, gently, but firmly mix the minced beef with salt, pepper, Chimayo, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, Dijon mustard, and olive oil together.
- Shape the meat with your favorite cookie cutter in the center of the plate.
- Arrange the chopped parsley, minced onion, and capers around the plate.
- Garnish with egg yolk.
- Serve with Rye bread.
Note: Make sure that the cutting board is very clean and free of any other foods when mincing by hand.
Chef: Vitaly Paley
By Chef Carlo Lamagna
Pork and Shrimp Filling:
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¼ lb bay shrimp
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ cup onions, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, julienne
- TT S&P
- As needed vegetable oil
– In a pan, caramelize onions and garlic. Add meat and brown
– Add oyster sauce and shrimp. Adjust seasoning.
– Add bamboo shoots before serving.
Brown Sugar and Soy Sauce Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, chopped, unsalted
– In a blender, combine sugar vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic clove. Blend until ingredients are fully incorporated.
– Combine sesame and vegetable oil and slowly emulsify into vinaigrette base. Mixture should be a stable emulsification
– After vinaigrette is made, fold in roasted peanuts.
- 3 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup ap flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 8 eggs
– Melt butter, set aside.
– Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet in another.
– Incorporate wet to dry. When batter is one homogeneous mixture, slowly drizzle in melted butter. Allow batter to rest at least 1 hour.
– In a 12 ” crepe pan, spray with non-stick spray and ladle 2 oz of batter. Spread thin and gently cook until golden brown.
– put filling into crepe and roll. Pour sauce over.
- Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Chestnut Pappardelle with Oxtail Ragù
- Roast Kingfish with a Potato and Rosemary Tart
- Truffle Arancini
- Gorgonzola Gnocchi with Winter Greens
- Duck Confit, Warm Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Salad
- Roast Scallops, Pumpkin with Radicchio, Ricotta Salata, Chili and Lemon
- Bibingka (Rice Cake)
- Wagyu Beef Steak Tartare
- Lumpiang Sariwa