Poised atop the Dundee Hills, with gentle slopes that capture the breezes and sunshine, our 235-acre estate overlooking the Willamette Valley produces some of the finest Pinot Noir and Chardonnay fruit in the world.
Landmark Gravity Flow Winery
All of our wines are crafted by hand in our four-level gravity flow winery built atop the Drouhin family’s 235 acre estate in the Dundee Hills of Oregon.
Our goal is to craft wines naturally with gentle treatment and minimal manipulation. It is our hope that our Pinot Noir and Chardonnay will be appreciated for their classic finesse, elegance and for the true reflection of their origin; their terroir.
Once the grapes have reached full maturity with a perfect balance between brix and acid, and fruit and tannin, they are hand-picked into small 25 pound totes, insuring the arrival of pristine, uncrushed fruit at our four-level gravity-flow winery. Everything we do in the winery is intended to preserve the unique qualities that nature provided for us in the vineyards.
Active fermentations last 7-12 days, during which time the age-old Burgundian techniques of pigeage (punch-down) and remontage (pump-over) are used as means of gentle extraction. Fermentations are long and careful and once complete, the free-run juice is moved via gravity to the third level of our winery, the barrel cellar.
Our Pinot Noir is aged in both new (20%) and neutral French Oak barrels. Barrels are custom made for us in Burgundy, using oak from France’s best forests, which we feel allows the character of the wine and vintage to show through. Once the secondary, malolactic, fermentation is complete, the wines are racked off their lees via gravity and back into barrel.
After 12-14 months in oak, Véronique selects barrels for each of our three cuvée’s and the wines are then blended and allowed to rest for several months before moving to the final level of the winery, our bottle room. At this final stage, the wines again are moved via gravity into bottle and then allowed to mature 6 to 18 months before release.
Our Oregon Team
David Millman, President & CEO
David Millman joined DDO in 2004 after a 20-year career in the music business, working for several record companies and eventually running his own public relations and marketing firm. In addition to his duties with DDO, David has served on several boards, and has been Board President of both the International Pinot Noir Celebration and Oregon Pinot Camp. He is active in supporting the Salud Auction, and frequently serves on industry committees.
Arron Bell, Asst. Winemaker & Operations Manager
Arron Bell joined DDO in July of 2002, and was promoted in 2009 to the specially created position of Assistant Winemaker & Operations Manager. Arron is in charge of production operations, and is responsible for helping Véronique achieve her vision for each vintage. He also regularly travels on behalf of DDO to talk about the intricacies of the Drouhin style, and what sets our wines apart.
Ashley Bell, Vice President Sales & Marketing
As a trusted voice for all things Drouhin, Ashley Bell travels nationally and internationally to represent Drouhin wines. She is in charge of Domaine Drouhin Oregon’s sales, education and marketing, and brings with her two decades of passion for the family’s commitment to excellence, in Oregon, the Cote d’Or and Chablis. Ashley is a founding member of the Dundee Hills AVA board, and will become President of Oregon Pinot Camp in 2022.
Dyane Savino, Wine Club & Shipping Manager
Get to know Dyane..
- If you could drink any wine in the DDO cellar, what would it be and why? The 2005 Laurene. I’ve always loved the vintage, and it’s still gorgeous!
- When did you join the DDO team? I started in 2007 as a part-timer and in 2009 full-time.
- What are your top 3 favorite podcasts/books? It’s hard to give just 3: Outlander Series, To Kill a Mockingbird, French Lieutenant’s Woman.
Kateland Harvey, Marketing & Direct Sales Manager
Get to know Kateland…
- If you were a pasta shape, what shape would you be and why? Fusilli Corti Bucati. It’s curly like a spring and can be enjoyed with practically any kind of sauce. I like to think that I bounce back well from adversity and get along with most people I meet! And also, I love pasta.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Say how you really feel and ask for what you want.
- What is your favorite part of working in the wine industry? I love the camaraderie of the wine industry, the travel, and always living in the most beautiful places. I’ve met all of my best friends through this industry.
Josh Bickley, Controller
Get to know Josh…
- If you could drink any wine in the DDO cellar, what would it be and why? 2016 Pinot Noir Edition Limitee as this was the year my first daughter was born.
- What is your favorite part of working in the wine industry? The people and their passion for creating world-class wines (particularly in the Willamette Valley).
- What’s your background? I’m a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) that was previously converted from an outdoor educator.
Megan Davison, Administrative Coordinator
Get to know Megan…
- If I were a superhero, what would your superpower be? I would be able to watch an inanimate object’s history from the present moment back to its origin by touching it. As if rewinding a recording that followed the object through its lifetime.
- What is your favorite part of working in the wine industry? It’s poetic: It integrates community (wine lovers!), creativity and problem solving (puzzles!), and intrigue (a variety of occupation types). Bonus that it nurtures one’s epicurean side.
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? I enjoy adventuring, board games, fantasy novels, and roller derby.
Stephanie Spangler, Hospitality Administrative Assistant
Get to know Stephanie…
- Cats or dogs? I am definitely a dog person. I grew up very involved with animals. I enjoy training, and I like knowing I have a loyal companion at all times.
- What is your top “bucket list” item? I have a few. I want to eat paella on the beach in Barcelona. I want to visit all of the Greek islands. Lastly, I want my kids to experience the Caribbean and its clear blue waters.
- What motivates you to do what you do here? The people! We have amazing customers, and I enjoy talking to them and helping them have the best experience at DDO.
Phillip Marsh, Tasting Room Manager
Get to know Phillip…
- What did you think you would do as a career in elementary school? Musician, I play woodwinds.
- If you were a pasta shape, what shape would you be and why? Radiatori! I have great structure and fun curves, and I love a good sauce! Also, this is the shape that waves! I love to wave!
- What is your guilty pleasure? I love shopping at the wine auctions!
Ken Lukhard, Asst.Tasting Room Manager
Get to know Ken…
- What is the most inspiring part of your job? The most inspiring thing about my job was working with our winemaker, Veronique Drouhin, during my first harvest here in 2021.
- What is your top “bucket list” item? To visit Lanarkshire, Scotland where my family is originally from.
- What did you think you would do as a career in elementary school? When I was five, I was pretty sure I would be Spiderman.
Maeghan Moss, Hospitality Coordinator
Get to know Maeghan…
- What is your favorite part of working in the wine industry? The best part of working in the wine industry is the wide variety of people you meet. I love connecting with people and talking about life. I have met some incredibly interesting people here at DDO. I wouldn’t change my line of work for anything else!
- Where are you from originally? I was born and raised in Louisiana but moved to Oregon with my family in 1998.
- Cats or Dogs? I’m a dog person through and through. I will most likely greet any dog before their human.
Elliot Dow, Tasting Room Lead
Get to know Elliot…
What did you think you would do as a career in elementary school? I knew I was going to be an astronaut when I grew up. Always shooting for the stars!
What’s your background? Before working at DDO, I was able to travel through some of France and Scotland, working with organic farms, homesteads, and breweries. That is where I learned about the passion that one could put into taking something grown from the earth and crafting delicious and beautiful beers, wines, and spirits.
Where are you from originally? Oregon Grown…. and grass-fed.
Victoria Sinclair, Tasting Room Lead
Get to know Victoria…
- What do you think you were in a past life? A stunt car driver! If I could learn how to drive like Bond in an Aston Martin without concern for its condition after… that’s the dream!
What’s the most inspiring part of your job? The passion our guests come through the door with, for wine or anything else, getting to meet a person and exchange stories is a wonderful benefit of working in the Tasting Room!
Cats or dogs? Dogs! One of the perks of DDO is our shared love of dogs & wine (in that order!). Monty, the Bell’s/our winery dog, brings a lot of joy to the Tasting Room.
César Medina Maldonado, Tasting Room Lead & Cellar Support
Get to know César…
- What is your favorite part of working in the wine industry? Camaraderie, curiosity, and the pursuit of flavor!
- If you could drink any wine in the DDO cellar, what would it be and why? It may seem a little “too soon,” but I’m eagerly anticipating tasting the 2021s. They hold a really special place in my heart because that was my first harvest at DDO. Of the wines that are in bottle, I’d love another look at the 1996 Laurene someday. Talk about breathtaking.
- What do you think you were in a past life? I’m fairly certain I was a golden retriever in a past life. Toss the frisbee and keep the kibble coming, my friends.
Ryan Harvey, Cellar Master & Assistant Operations Manager
Get to know Ryan…
- What is your favorite word in the English language? My favorite word in the English language is defenestrate. (Google it!) I love that people 400 years ago agreed that this action needed its own specific verb.
- What is your favorite part of working in the wine industry? The people! Through the wine industry, I have met people from all over the world who love good food and wine!!
- What did you think you would do as a career in elementary school? I was certain I would be an Artist. I was very fond of drawing as a child.
Matt McMillin, Packaging & Labeling Supervisor
Get to know Matt…
- Where are you originally from? I was born in Burbank and raised in a very warm but cool place called Simi Valley. Nestled in a valley 20 minutes from the Pacific Ocean, it was a great place to grow up.
- What is your favorite thing about your career in the wine industry? I have always found great joy in making something that others love. A warm feeling takes over when people from near and far seek out or stumble upon something they enjoy that you had a part in.
- Cats or dogs? I have two dogs and a cat. Our dogs’ names are Raya and Bernadette. Raisin is a mini golden doodle, and Bernie is a Catahoula/Pitbull mix. And our recently adopted cat is named Tobiko.
Joe Terre, Cellar Assistant
Get to know Joe…
- What’s your favorite quote? “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
- What’s your background? My wine production background started during my third year of university when a close friend and I spearheaded a home winemaking operation in my garage. After two years of garage winemaking and a degree in Viticulture and Enology from the University of California Davis, I went to work for wineries and vineyards in Napa, Margaret River, Santa Rita Hills, and the Willamette Valley.
- When did you join DDO? I joined the team as a harvest intern in 2021 and liked it so much that I stayed!
Rhianna Lehmann, Packaging & Labeling Assistant
Get to know Rhianna…
- What do you like about working at Domaine Drouhin? I like that everyone is kindhearted and easygoing and that everyone is always treated with respect. I love how the DDO team is like a family.
- Your top 3 favorite Podcasts/Books? My Favorite Murder, To Live and Die in LA, Up and Vanished
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? I enjoy being outside, hiking, paddle boarding, etc.
Israel Juarez Mendoza, Vineyard Team
Get to know Israel…
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? I prefer cats and have my own named Morgan.
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? I enjoy hiking, air shows, and road trips when I’m not working.
- When did you join the DDO team? I joined the DDO team back in 2012!
Cirilo Hernandez-Feria, Vineyard Team
Get to know Cirilo…
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? I prefer cats!
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? I enjoy going on fishing trips to local rivers.
- What is your favorite part of working at Domaine Drouhin? My favorite part of working at DDO is driving the tractors through the vineyards!
Bruno Panzo, Vineyard Team
Get to know Bruno…
- What do you like about working for DDO? I like working at DDO because I learn something new every day in the vineyards.
- When did you join the team at Domaine Drouhin Oregon? I have been a part of this team since 2004!
- Where are you from originally? I’m from Veracruz, Mexico.
Jose Gutierrez, Vineyard Team
Get to know Jose…
- What do you like about working for DDO? I love driving tractors through the vineyards.
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? Dogs
Antelmo DeJesus-Hernandez, Vineyard Team
Roque Rodriguez, Vineyard Team
Get to know Roque…
- Do you prefer cats or dogs? Definitely dogs!!
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? I enjoy going for jogs in the park when I’m not at work.
- What did you think you would do as a career in elementary school? I thought I would be a physical education teacher.
Montrachet Magnum (aka: Monty), DDO Mascot
Get to know Monty…
- Cats or Dogs? Is that a serious question?
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? I’m passionate about bung chasing, ground squirrel elimination, and am always on the lookout for my next treat.
- Where are you from originally? Burgundy Born, Oregon Raised
- When did you join DDO? I arrived just in time for the 2016 Harvest, which started on August 30.